Monday, June 13, 2011

Compound Butter

Compound butter sounds so fancy! In reality it is simply butter with flavorings mixed in. You cook with it and add lots of flavor in a simple way. 

Levi and his friend Brian were assisting me this day. Levi was grating lemon peel and Brian is providing comic relief by sporting a pickle in his mouth. 

 Two sticks of real butter, at room temp. Minced shallots, about 3 tbls,  and the peel and juice of one lemon. This version is good with seafood and chicken, but you can mix in anything.
 The butter is then placed in plastic wrap, and twist the ends to form a little sausage like roll. Refrigerate.
I used this to saute fish fillets and they were soooo good. Clean simple flavors. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. How neat is that. I have never gotten fancy with my butter, but I think for sauteing that would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete