Friday, March 11, 2011

BREAD DREAD

I would love, love, love to be able to make good breads. Big crusty loaves with soft middles and fresh yeasty smells. Alas, I have yet to conquer the bread. This time I figured it would be a little easier. The dough is actually an egg bread, still made with yeast, but not intended to be quite so challenging. 

Getting the boyz involved was EASY! I said, 'Who wants to punch some bread dough?' and they all came running! Punchie, punchie, punchie. Take that you rotten dough!

Roll out half and brush with water. That's a paint brush only used in the kitchen. Cheap and so handy!
Spread with cinnamon/sugar and raisins.
Roll into a loaf and place in greased pan on seam side.
Bake per instructions.
Serve for breakfast as toast with lots of real butter. The boyz ate 1 entire loaf for breakfast. They loved it that much. Less sweet than store bought and pretty darn yummy. The texture was still a little tough. I need to work on that. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy! If you ever figure out how to do those big crusty breads, please tell me now. Breadmaking is one thing I have yet to figure out!

    ReplyDelete